A network of independent regulatory oversight bodies
We are a network of independent European advisory bodies that play a significant role in scrutiny of the impacts of new legislation. On the national level, we advise and challenge our governments on various aspects of better regulation and on the overall regulatory burden.
Furthermore, we collaborate with the Regulatory Scrutiny Board, the independent scrutiny body of the European Commission, and we contribute to the work on oversight of the OECD Regulatory Policy Committee.
The board of RegWatchEurope is formed by the chairs of the member-bodies. The board meets regularly in the country chairing the network that year. In 2022, Czechia chairs RegWatchEurope.
Scrutiny bodies that meet our membership criteria are welcomed as members of RWE; others may apply for observer status. If you are interested in joining us, please use the contact details above in the first instance. More information on the network can be found on the respective national websites above.
- Advisory Board on Regulatory Burden (ATR, Netherlands)
- Danish Business Regulation Forum (DBRF, Denmark)
- Finnish Council of Regulatory Impact Analysis (FCRIA, Finland)
- National Regulatory Control Council (NKR, Germany)
- Norwegian Better Regulation Council (NBRC, Norway)
- Regulatory Impact Assessment Board (RIAB, Czech Republic)
- Regulatory Policy Committee (RPC, United Kingdom)
- Swedish Better Regulation Council (SBRC, Sweden)