A network of independent regulatory oversight bodies
We are a network of independent European advisory bodies that play a significant role in scrutiny of the impacts of new legislation. On the national level, we advise and challenge our governments on various aspects of better regulation and on the overall regulatory burden. On the international level, we collaborate to achieve the following:
Best Practice sharing
We strive to strengthen our own expertise by exchanging knowledge and sharing best practice.
Better Regulation advocacy
We aim to strengthen the European Union’s approach to better regulation.
Independent Scrutiny promotion
We seek to inform other countries on the added value of independent scrutiny of impact assessments.
Assessing the assessments
We advise our governments on the quality of EU impact assessments.
- Advisory Board on Regulatory Burden (ATR, Netherlands)
- Danish Business Regulation Forum (DBRF, Denmark)
- Finnish Council of Regulatory Impact Analysis (FCRIA, Finland)
- National Regulatory Control Council (NKR, Germany)
- Norwegian Better Regulation Council (NBRC, Norway)
- Regulatory Impact Assessment Board (RIAB, Czech Republic)
- Regulatory Policy Committee (RPC, United Kingdom)
- Swedish Better Regulation Council (SBRC, Sweden)
The board of RegWatchEurope is formed by the chairs of the member-bodies. The board meets regularly in the country chairing the network that year. In 2022, Czechia chairs RegWatchEurope.
Scrutiny bodies that meet our membership criteria are welcomed as members of RWE; others may apply for observer status. If you are interested in joining us, please use the contact details above in the first instance. More information on the network can be found on the respective national websites above.