We are a network of independent European advisory and oversight bodies that play a significant role in scrutiny of the impacts of new legislation. On the national level, we advise and challenge our governments on various aspects of better regulation and on the overall regulatory burden. On the international level, we collaborate in order to:
Advocate for Better Regulation
We aim to strengthen the European Union’s approach to better regulation.
Promote Independent Scrutiny
We seek to inform other countries on the added value of independent scrutiny of impact assessments.
Share the Best Practices
We strive to strengthen our own expertise by exchanging knowledge and sharing best practice.
- Summary of RegWatchEurope actions in 2023Anna-Lena Bohm, chair of the Swedish Better Regulation Council, summarizes the activities of RegWatchEurope in 2023.
- RegWatchEurope opinion on the EU Commission Communication on long term competitivenessThe opinion focuses on the section on an enhanced regulatory framework and contains reflections on the new competitiveness check as well as other topics.
- RegWatchEurope workshop on innovation and regulatory policy part IIOn the 28 September, RegWatchEurope arranged a follow-up to the workshop on innovation and regulatory policy that was held on 7 June.
- RegWatchEurope workshop on regulatory policy and innovationAn innovation-friendly regulatory environment to improve welfare, growth and competitiveness has become an increasingly important political objective.
- RegWatchEurope meets Maroš Šefčovič, vice president of the European CommissionThe VP and the RegWatchEurope delegation met in Brussels and discussed current topics related to the EU legislative process.
- RegWatchEurope workshop on ex post evaluationRegWatchEurope secretariats met in Stockholm to discuss how to contribute to further develop the legislative process with better regulation tools on national, EU and global level.